View Single Post
Old 20 February 2019, 02:14 AM   #25
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin2drt View Post
Why is this any different than DSW and all the other grays around here that EVERYONE reveres for doing the exact same thing?
Well that's partly my point. This forum is filled with questions on value retention, collectability, good investment or not, most of the times I feel like people care more about if the watch will make them money than they care about the watch itself.

Who are we to question why a person decided to sell a watch. He bought it, he can do whatever he want with it, there could be many reasons why he sold it right away. Maybe he drove by a Porsche dealer and saw a brand new Turbo S and decided to sell the watch and get the car instead. Or maybe making a quick 100k is just too tempting to pass up.

I understand some people are frustrated with certain watches so difficult to get and seeing it for sale right away upsets them, but those who got them, they must have done good deeds with the AD to get them, it's not like they stole it. So reporting to Patek trying to cause ramifications for the seller and AD is going a bit too far in my opinion.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote