View Single Post
Old 9 September 2018, 04:27 PM   #10
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTC View Post
Arguably the ultimate dive watch, yeah it is integrally a part of the watch.
This is another thing, I do feel that the DE is actually part of the watch and without it seems something is missing as it completes the look when I look down during those moments of admiration. If you were to explain the watch to a friend you would come up short in explaining the bracelet.
Arguably the HE valve looks worse on the case but a Rolex Seadweller without an HE valve is ludicrous, a diver extension is also an integral part of the Rolex dive watch. I pride myself on it in fact, as only the Seadwellers have it.

I wouldn't buy one without it and the Seadwellers now boast exclusive details, HE valve, divers extension, caseback writing and thicker oyster cases and bracelets. Some talk about "tool watches" a lot around here, something I disagree with yet appreciate it the heritage because there is no such thing as an $8k plus tool watch and even Rolex now advertise as luxury, not to mention how many threads relate to babying the watch and hardcore usage consists of a bike ride and a hike in the mountains....
As such, we talk all the tool watch lingo and when a watch comes with all the "tool watch" features, first thing y'all do is take it off, and neuter it, lols.
Tool watch redux..

I honestly cannot see how this makes it more comfortable as the clasp itself is in a flat area of the wrist with no movement and no one complains going from an Easylink clasp to a Glidelock clasp, in fact the opposite is true. Mostly everyone wants a Glidelock across the range. Those with GMTs and Explorers and even five digit models prefer the longer Glidelock...yes for adjustability but yet no one complains of how much longer it is and that it's a stiff part that is "uncomfortable", the DE sticks out not even half way past the end of the clasp.

Perhaps the issue is the reverse, people take too many links out and their DE protrudes too much making the clasp section one long stiff bar. Properly sized and the DE should reside under the clasp and only extend a few millimeters upon adjust for wrist swelling.
my .02.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote