View Single Post
Old 26 August 2019, 07:26 PM   #254
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
If you aren't ever tracking the car then that option is good. Otherwise if you do plan on tracking which puts the car and wheels under extreme stress, ie 150mph plus and hard breaking and g-forces mid apex, a new wheel is required.
Also if you ever sell I would disclose this repair if you go the wheel guy route.

The wheel's integrity has been compromised and a failure could be catastrophic, be safe out there.

I can relate to this same experience, albeit in much less expensive car. I swerved to avoid one pothole which led me into a series of others in the next lane. had to get both right side wheels re-trued and both front tires replaced since the right front was pinched. This was only on my Mazdaspeed 3, gotta love Newark roads.
You bring up great points. I admit I had not thought about it that way. And I do plan on tracking it. In fact, I’m at the track now. I was planning on bringing the 458. But I’m in the 911, which I’m ultimately glad about.

That said, I’m am thinking about fixing, but also getting a whole new set anyway. I’ve had a few recommendations from people and I’ve seen a few wheels that are really nice. Sadly, they are also extremely expensive. But I suppose that’s to me expected.

Even as I write this though, I’m thinking the best solution might simply be to have Ferrari swap out the damaged wheel during the scheduled service which just happens to be this week.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote