View Single Post
Old 27 August 2019, 02:18 AM   #265
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibroverb View Post
In the UK we didn't get the Lexus version, we got Toyota 100 series. They are badged Amazon (as opposed to the 120 series which is Prado or Colorado).

They came in petrol V8 or diesel. GX was the base level and VX is the high spec version. You don't see many GX versions as the only ran them for a couple of years. All the VX were auto, the GX was also available with a manual box.

This one is in the "fix it or sell it" zone - it's the boat/dog/tip/winter car and for a year or so I'm debating whether to move up to the 200 series or fix this one.
The Lexus version is just a rebadged Cygnus. I’m not sure if the Cygnus was ever brought to Europe. Outside of Japan, I know it was also offered in the Middle East, but I’m not sure about anywhere else. As far as I know, the Lexus version was only for the US and maybe Canada.

We also got the Toyota LC version, but it was only offered in 1 trim level and there was no designation (GX, VX, etc...). It is simply called the Land Cruiser. I’m assuming it is the VX trim, though.

I say you fix up your 100 and keep it on the road. They’re wonderful cars. If you need more space, a 200 would be a nice choice, but the 100 is just so nice.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote