View Single Post
Old 2 December 2017, 04:08 AM   #1
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Rubber B for Audemars Piguet

This looks very interesting! Received a newsletter email from Rubber B today announcing that this will be available in a few weeks from today (Dec 1 2017).

My thoughts, I'm excited to see the product unfold and see some more photos release. Rubber B makes a quality product and might provide a nice alternative to OEM AP.

However, Rubber B has worked really well in the past because most brands DO NOT already offer high quality rubber options. As of today, AP does even to models originally sold on bracelet. So it will be interesting to see how it compares to what AP already offers, in both quality, design and pricing.

I like that the design they went with has it's own unique signature compared to OEM AP straps. However, I'm not crazy about the squared point the sticks out from the top cross bar. I think if that cross bar ran straight across it would look better. But Maybe in person I'd fee differently.

My suspicion is that they will offer this strap to watches that come with leather straps. For those of us who have ROs on bracelets, we might have to source some plots and a clasp to make it happen.

They did something similar with the Tudor BB. Only available to those who bought the BB on leather strap with clasp. That'd be kind of annoying if that's the case, and would almost certainly prevent me from being a buyer!

Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote