View Single Post
Old 28 January 2019, 06:33 AM   #1044
dalethorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: U-Boat Capsoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris975d View Post
Having owned LV, and currently owning Faure Le Page and Goyard (along with many others...I'm a bit of a wallet ho), in terms of coated canvas, I personally like FLP the best. Their material feels much more pliable and less likely to crack (to me). Goyard, while I like it, does feel sort of "plastic-y" to me. And LV just feels too stiff and I've seen many cases where the edges that are subject to repeated bending crack over time. And the coating can wear through, showing the canvas underneath. If I'm going LV, I always go with Epi or Taiga (my favorite) leather.
I have quite a few LV wallets, purchased at the local LV store, and am quite pleased with them on average. My current favorites are the Three Bears print and the Ostrich hide zips. The printed types do hold up very well, and although my Three Bears xmas edition is only 2 months old, a previous travel edition lasted quite a while until I gave it away. The LV wallets I've carried in a back pocket in my jeans are the 3D monogram with flower-petal and LV motif, but those tend to wear smooth after time and become easy to slip out of the pocket. Even the Ostrich edition has noticeable wear, though I carry it in an inside jacket pocket.

I've never gotten along with the LV folders for some reason - they just don't seem like much of a wallet compared to the zippered types. The longer zip wallets that are too long for a back pocket but OK for an inside jacket pocket are very nice, but with one of those the zipper was too stiff, so I put a bit of padlock graphite on it and that fixed it!

On the printed wallets - some have a decal stitched onto the surface of the wallet, and I removed one of those, but it was extremely tedious getting the threads out.

BTW, I've had two LV iPad cases and a phone case crack along the edge, but never had a problem with the wallets. And I got full credit on the iPad and phone cases, even after years of wear.
dalethorn is offline   Reply With Quote