View Single Post
Old 22 May 2019, 01:30 PM   #30
ramenjiro
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits1980 View Post
Nice collection! Seems logical to let one Daytona go. But since its a Daytona i wouldnt do it. I would flip the GMT, would not downsize but add some cash and go Royal Oak (sport) or Patek (dress). You already have the grails Daytona and Lange, add a 4th one, add a RO/Patek.

I recently added my first Patek (5396). Still prefer Lange and i realy wanted to add the datograph but since i already have a saxonia and the Lange 1 i got the 5396 instead no regrets.

Another option could be a rose/yellow gold Day Date. Never thought i would wear one but somehow i got it and its a totaly different experience then any other SS/WG watch i own. Nobody cares or notice SS/WG watches. But a gold DD actualy gets noticed and draws attention which is kind of fun when you are in the mood for it.
Thanks for your input. By what I'm seeing, you have quite a collection!
After reading your comment, adding the RO or a Patek does seem like a good move. Actually, the 5396g is one watch I really like! How do you like it so far? Do you think adding it to my collection would somewhat overlap with my 1815 chrono in terms of aesthetics?

I also am a fan of the DD, ever since I watched the Sopranos. I won't be able to wear it at the office, but would be a killer weekend watch!
ramenjiro is offline   Reply With Quote