Thread: Paul Thorpe
View Single Post
Old 30 July 2019, 05:31 PM   #31
Hendrikus
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them...
I do agree with this, provided of course that is his intention. Many are speculating that he is dealing again (and indeed he certainly invites emails for his "professional services") and it is not surprising people would feel nervous if he is building a huge following based on his honest, ex-dealer approach only to soon become a big dealer again - when his own son is not only a convicted watch fraudster but recently went bankrupt to avoid paying back the debts he owed to those he conned.

I struggle to understand how a reputable watch dealer did not notice that his son was developing riches from selling fake watches. His son had a business located in the same area, and was living a lifestyle commensurate with his earnings. Do you not think Father and Son talked about their respective businesses - both being watch dealers? Do you think Father did not visit son's premises or visit his website and see what he was buying and selling?

In my mind there is a world of difference between someone who sells replica watches for replica prices. I don't approve of it, but nonetheless if one is selling a counterfeit Rolex for £500 everyone knows what they are getting themselves in to. What Jamie Thorpe did was sell watches at genuine prices. There is a poor chap who spent £20,000 on a gold Rolex; he has since discovered it is fake and cannot sue JT because of his bankruptcy. That makes JT utter scum (for want of a better expression) and I am sure we all agree, utterly appalling. I just struggle to understand how a Father, in the same business and living and working in the same town (effectively), did not realise this was going on. If he genuinely did not, then perhaps all Paul is guilty of is teaching his son about the business, to the extent was able to go off and pursue his own fraudulent interests. But if that is the case, he would in my view do better to come out and say that, and explain that he was unaware of his son's criminality as his victims were. Given, particularly, Paul has made numerous videos complaining at how inept the police were in dealing with the criminals that targeted his business, it does feel slightly ironic that he is glossing over the criminality of his own son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
I don't see why Paul should be judged because of something his son did. Many honest people have sons who have fallen foul of the law.

Put this in perspective. Paul isn't trying to sell watches, he is trying to build up a YouTube channel by producing informative videos from a dealers perspective. Draw inference from what you see and learn from his shared experience. It's not costing anything to watch him, if anyone feels like his is guilty by association then simply move on and watch Bark&Jack drinking coffee and talking sh1t.