Thread: Paul Thorpe
View Single Post
Old 1 August 2019, 12:38 PM   #40
DJRikki
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrikus View Post
Agreed - but if you watch the WikiLeaks video (and reading what locals are posting online) they are very much not estranged. Which is what is slightly difficult to reconcile with Paul's statement which did try and give the impression that this was an estranged relative.

Anyway, fundamentally none of my business and my last word on it. I like his videos, but (a) I am battle scarred by two attempts to defraud me in the last few days so I am very anti-fraudsters at the moment and (b) I can simply elect to not watch his videos, unsubscribe and not do any business with him if I have an issue with it!
Paul emailed WikiWatchLeaks with his response saying "relative" before the cat was out of the bag showing that Jamie was his son.

It was a Twitter photo on Jamie's account of Paul holding a baby with the caption "my dad and my daughter" on it that seems to be the smoking gun.

Thats why Paul changed tact and started to say "son" from then on.

I actually remember Paul's videos from years ago and thought they were very good indeed.

Ive watched a lot of the subsequent ones especially the ones talking about fakes, fraud and avoiding conmen. I enjoyed them and felt sorry for Paul when he released the three videos saying where he had been a victim of crime and that the police really didnt seem interested in helping out.

Now I think it was disingenuous NOT to have said from the off that his own son had ripped off the public for over half a million pounds worth of fake watches.

It makes all his video talking about being an honest man and a victim a bit sour especially the parts about the police not helping out when they were at that point in time investigating his family for watch crimes themselves.

The link with his son was always going to come out at some point and a lot of the people that were ripped off by Jamie have been doing their own digging into things going by the comments that have appeared on Paul's YouTube videos saying that Jamie took the rap and bankruptcy hit for the pair as he had less to lose.

I've never met Paul or Jamie so cant comment from a personal standpoint, just on what has unfolded as noted above.
DJRikki is offline   Reply With Quote