View Single Post
Old 1 October 2020, 10:09 AM   #119
Forstephan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
1675 occ

Dear Members,

My name is Stephane Medam. Please forgive my tardiness to this thread as I was just made aware of this discussion yesterday evening. I am not an active member here but I would like to make a statement about this circumstance. There is much debate as to what actually transpired with this 1675. I am here to speak for myself and myself alone. I cannot speak for Michael Morgan.

I’ve been collecting for many years and I pride myself of owning every watch I sell. This is an important part of my business, because I would never personally sell a watch that I didn’t personally own first. I firmly believe in quality over quantity.

I took receipt of this watch from Michael Morgan approximately 2 weeks ago. I thoroughly inspected the watch, as I have done with all my watches over the years. Looping, examining, UV testing and taking geiger readings from the watch are standard practices. This specific watch came from a trusted dealer, whom I have done business with in the past, like many others have. I saw no issues with this piece based on my years of experience in handling these types of watches.

It was pointed out to me by an instagram user who knew the original owner of this timepiece and had informed me the watch was relumed. Once I was able to see photos of the original state of the watch, I immediately called FedEx and had them stop the shipment and revert it back to me. I should be collecting the watch tomorrow as it is currently stuck at the FedEx station. The buyer never received the watch. I stopped this sale and refunded my client right away. I spoke to Michael and of course informed him the watch will be returned to him. I never had a chance to make a formal statement because the original discussion was removed off of instagram by the OP. In all my years of collecting and selling watches, I have to say I have never seen a relume job like this one. It’s of course a very delicate hobby we have. Out of thousands of transactions over the years, it only takes one to hurt someone’s reputation. I want the members here to know I am happy someone brought this to my attention because I wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone. This has been an eye opening experience. It shows many of us, no matter how long you have been doing something, there is always someone out there that can replicate something to the next level that fools even the most discerning collectors and dealers.

I don’t sell watches behind the scenes. Everything I own and sell is viewable on my website. I always try to be as transparent as possible with every transaction I make. Word of mouth is everything to me. I stand 100% behind every watch I sell, no questions asked. I truly hope everyone knows this was a sincere mistake that I take responsibility for. When the watch is returned, I am interested to study it a bit further just to see what information I can gather and share with our community to help prevent these types of relumed watches from being circulated into our collecting society.

I am truly grateful for the relationships I have formed over the years of collecting and for the knowledge I continue to gain.

Sincerely,
Stephane M.
Wordlywatches
Forstephan is offline   Reply With Quote