View Single Post
Old 17 November 2019, 12:24 PM   #4
SUPERDOC
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy63 View Post
I like the LX line a lot, I really do and the SNR025 land is my favorite model in the lineup. I've tried one on and it exudes quality. I'd love to own one but it would be very hard for me to commit unless I was almost certain I was going to keep the watch for the long haul. I'd just have a hard time accepting the loss that would be incurred if I wanted to move it on in the near term.

Having said that, I'd be happy to own one at ~ $3000 for a LNIB example.

Randy
I think that the price point and the blurred lines between Seiko and GS are a bit of the issue - at least for me

add to that, a bit of contempt with the lack of good diver in the GS line up.

After making a great effort to divide the lines between GS and Seiko, it seemed strange to then escalate Seiko upto the level of GS with the LX..

the irony, is that if they had put a 'GS' on the dial... they could have charged more, and everyone would probably be buying them like hot cakes...

The Seiko love and goodwill comes from great watches that aren't prohibitively expensive... the 200m diver line at ~ 1k are so so amazing, the Presage is Value proposition that is unparalleled ..

But, when you get to that $5k range - you are into Omega Aqua Terra, Breitling, etc...

Some of it is a bit of the knee jerk impulsive reaction that we thought we were beyond as "woke" watch collectors...

I guess old habits die hard...