View Single Post
Old 18 June 2008, 04:03 PM   #130
Z-Sub
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Not a ONEWatch Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa Major View Post
The white face Exp II has always been my favorite Rolex sport watch. I like the white dial (vs. black on most Rolex sport models), and the general look of the watch. It also appeals to me that it's more subtle and nuanced - it doesn't make a statement in the way that, e.g., the Sub does - non-enthusiasts don't immediately make assumptions when they see it on your wrist; they typically don't even know it's a Rolex. When I decided to get into Rolexes not long ago, other watches came my way first for various reasons, but I'm finally picking up a white Explorer II - I've been traveling for a week, and it should be waiting for me when I get home later today. I bought it here (and yes, the price had been lowered a few times). I have a feeling I'll be wearing it as much as my other watches combined. Just a great watch. For similar reasons, an Explorer I will probably be my next Rolex (and last one for a while, this is getting expensive..).

I agree. My first Rolie was a Sub and it is lovely. When I saw the preowned white dial Explorer II at Tourneau, it really smiled at me and was noticeably lighter than my Sub. I also like it since it catches less attention and with half of my family in Asia, the 24hr hand is perfect!
TT Blue Submariner "P"
SS GMT-Master ll "M", Pepsi
Pam 311, 524, 297
Z-Sub is offline   Reply With Quote