View Single Post
Old 8 July 2019, 04:00 AM   #118
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
How many of you have actually purchased a non-Rolex because of the “shortage”

I haven’t bought a new Rolex from an AD since August 2017. Since then, I’ve purchased a few vintage Rolex, a modern Tudor from an AD, and my first Omega.

I’ve simply been moving along to find other things that interest me, relative availability of new sports Rolex aside.

However, the fact my favorite AD did have Rolex sever the business relationship between the two early this year, plus the fact I already owned a number of pieces I might otherwise have been interested in when the supply slowed down, and the fact there’s nothing I’m so interested in that I’d pay over retail for are all probably contributing factors to my slight shift in direction.

I’m not sitting around waiting for Rolex to open the floodgates or whatever, since the market is full of other interesting pieces. I’m becoming more interested in Omega and offerings from other companies, so I am sure some of them are willing to take my money if Rolex can’t be bothered to do so. I don’t fret about any alleged shortage, or whatever the story is, in any event.
MickCollins1916 is online now   Reply With Quote