View Single Post
Old 17 September 2010, 02:12 AM   #56
liv2rce

Watch: GMT 16700

Hello everyone, I found this forum after doing some research on the purchase of my very first Rolex. I picked it up from an Estate Jeweler in Charlotte, N.C.

From not really knowing much about all the different models available, I feel that I got very lucky on my first purchase of a Rolex. It is a 1989 GMT-Master 16700. It has the black 18k and stainless "Tiger's Eye" bezel, which is what caught my eye. I had never seen one like this and from all that I have now read, I realize that this did not come standard for this year but was an option (maybe someone can clarify).

The watch came with an aftermarket crocodile band with white stitching. It looks nice and fits with the whole black theme but I was thinking of getting a two tone 18k and stainless band to dress it up. I understand this model came with the oyster band, which I actually prefer over the jubilee. I know that to get and original could run me thousands (which I really can't do) but I want to stay true to the look. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I read that we shouldn't post links to aftermarket sites, so you can PM me with any info that might help.

Sorry if I hijacked this thread but when I did a Google search on the GMT, this was the thread it brought me to.......which is absolutely incredible by the way
liv2rce is offline   Reply With Quote