View Single Post
Old 1 April 2010, 07:56 AM   #1
Spilchy
"TRF" Member

Help appraising vintage Rolex

Hey fellas! Long time watch collector first time poster. A little background - I've got a nice collection of about 30 or so watches, mostly vintage, made up of a few gold chronographs, dress watches of various makes and handful of WW2 military time pieces. I also have a few pocket watches. I belong to a few other watch forums.

I'm looking to get some feedback on my vintage gold Rolex pictured below. It has a caliber 700 movement and belonged to my grandfather. I recently had a complete overhaul performed (last done by me 10 years ago) - clean, oil, adjust, new mainspring, new glass crystal and case polish. I also had the gold hour markers and hands gently cleaned as well as the textured dial because there was some surface dirt. It look flawless and show room new.

Enough babbling! What are your opinions on a value of this watch? I'm looking to insure but mainly want to get an idea of what someone would pay for one of these in all original condition (minus the new crystal).

Thanks for the feedback

While on the subject, check out my Submariner that belonged to my grandfather. It has the desirable meters first dial. I also have the original stretch rivet bracelet too but I'm wearing it on a vintage oyster bracelet that he had from a few decades ago.

Spilchy is offline   Reply With Quote