View Single Post
Old 31 August 2014, 01:11 AM   #78
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Great thread buddy, I totally relate, even if I don't have so many and of so high end brands like you did, I have ten, exactly 1 Omega Sea Master, Cartier Santos, Panerai 233K, 28, 82, Rolex Daytona 116515, Sub C LN, BLNR, Blancpain L-Evolution, PP5712, and like you I don't like that they stay in the safe with no wrist time, I just wear the ones I prefer, so am also going for the 3 watch stage, also want the sub LV, and either keep the BLNR or get a RO 15202 (was very hot but a little less now that I know that the movement needs regular service to avoid wear and damage) and of course the PP 5712.

I found myself enjoying much more my watches when I had 2-3, especially my Panerai which 1 is discontinued dial, the 233K, and 2 special LE, 28 and 82, I prefer to flip them so someone will wear them rather than them getting old in the bank's safe.

So I totally understand, maybe some can enjoy a huge collection, thought I would, but really not.

About buying them new I totally understand, I also can't buy used, getting the watch new unworn is 20% of the game for me, except I never buy from an AD but from private sellers or grey dealers, did so for all my watches and got from good to great discounts with no problem, but I did a very thorough check of the buyers and every time except 2 I did a face to face deal, even took the train from Paris to Frankfurt to get my Pam 82.

Thanks for the great thread

Thanks ! And yes the buying used/New/From AD or not is a personal issue. It's all about doing your homework and you should be Fine. I had an issue with my 5712/1A, it was nice to drive to the AD and let them take care of it.

Cheers !

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote