View Single Post
Old 1 September 2014, 02:54 AM   #80
JorgeCCW
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Patek and AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I don't know if you loose money when you flip it depends what you buy and at what price, I bought 3 Pams 1,5 years ago, 2 special editions, 82 and 28 and discontinued dial 233K "dot dial", all of them 100% unworn, seeing that I have a 6th sense which avoids me from hitting or scratching them, even my beaters, all of my watches are practically scratch free, a few micro ones at maximum so they are at 98%, Looking the resale prices on many sites they are worth much more than what I paid for them, 10-20% more, same for my Blancpain, got it for 9.900 euros when retail is 20.900, prices are minimum 30% more for mint when mine is unworn, I put it at 20% more, the only ones where I will loose a little are my Rolexes, but not so much as I got them for a good price, Daytona 116515 for 17.500 instead of 23.400, have a proposition for 16.700, the sub LN and the BLNR I should loose around 300-400 euros each, as for my other 3 watches can't sell them, sentimental value even if I don't wear them, the Cartier was my 18th birthday gift from my grand mother, the Omega Seamaster a gift from my mother, and the vintage Omega gold chrono was my fathers, so keeping them to pass on to my son

The prices that you see listed is sites, is usually not the actual sale price most of the time. But in my experience you don't make any money when you flip, you lose. But they are always exceptions like when you buy something at a phenomenal price and then you find an interested buyer. It happens

Cheers !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Nothing happens until something moves "
Albert Einstein
JorgeCCW is offline   Reply With Quote