View Single Post
Old 18 October 2020, 01:27 AM   #31
banditracing
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Not agreeing with everything he said but this notion that people who want to leave can’t “make it” in nyc is so tired. I have been in Manhattan for 20 years and want something new. The thought of living in one place for my entire life is a stunning lack of imagination.
I think it’s more about if you harshly judge New York as a place to live, having never lived there or not currently living there - that is when one is probably just bitter about not being able to hack it in the big city. That dude clearly doesn’t get New York, his description couldn’t be further from reality (it moreso sounds like a description of Times Square). If you live here and decide to move, I don’t think that means you can’t make it here. Clearly you made it for 20 years, haha. People’s priorities change.

All that being said - it’s different, but it is still a functioning city with a lot of heart and soul. And I absolutely love it here. It’s been a tough 6 months for the city, but the general vibe here is great compared to March/April. Tons of outdoor dining and folks out and about trying to enjoy life in our weird, new reality.