View Single Post
Old 30 November 2019, 03:33 PM   #23
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
I can't agree more, it is The most iconic watch in the word. Nice review JP, beautiful photos...
I had a story with the sub that goes back to year 2000. I was at Charles Du Gaulle airport buying a Cartier that I had fallen in love with its design and the AD there had that model along Rolex watches. He put the Cartier on the tray and asked me to go with him to a different stand that belong to their company to show me a different watch that falls in the same price category. It was a Rolex Submariner. I had no idea back then about the history of Rolex vs Cartier nor how better Rolex was. All I wanted was that Cartier for how it looked "Chronora, white dial, a crown with a blue stone... Price tags were similar and the salesman tried hard to convince me to take the Rolex but I didn't.
Today, I look back and think how stupid I was:-)
Any idea which reference the sub was back in 2000? How to look for one now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP. View Post
How could you possibly write a “review” of the most iconic watch in the world, the Rolex Submariner? There must be hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of reviews of this watch already. Wouldn’t it be like beating a dead horse?

Probably. But let’s write one anyway.

LINK TO THE REVIEW

It's just a quick, simple writeup with some of my photography. Enjoy... and let me know if you find any mistakes.
Rori is offline   Reply With Quote