View Single Post
Old 16 April 2021, 11:29 PM   #345
accountank2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN, 79220R
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
Someone on another site reported that FPJ's entire production run for 2022 is sold. He likely heard that from a boutique. If true, it's very interesting.
By late 2018 the waitlist was approx 4 years and growing - I filled out the application with Geneva boutique but all of the boutiques are on the same list. Priority to people who are already an FPJ owner rather than buying their first piece, so if you were an 'unknown' like me you would be at risk of being jumped (as I understood it).

However, not far into 2019 it was reported that the list had grown to 5+years and FPJ's editorial said they were cutting off the list AND they were going to approx halve the annual production from ~190 a year to ~100 a year to be able to give production capacity for other models. So my 4 years would become 8 years. That would put me at late 2026 to get one, assuming they maintain the list and keep producing it until it's fully satisfied.

FPJ said in the article that they have 'cancelled the list' but I took that to be clumsy english-second-language and meaning the list is closed, rather than they have given up on the list and are just going to give the watch to preferred clients who had been on it. I have not made it to Geneva in the last year with lockdowns etc and no need to travel there. I'm hoping I'm still on the list but haven't even called them as I don't want to be told I'm not

Still, with several years' worth of production on the waitlist it's certainly the case that all the CBs they produce in 2022 and beyond will be accounted for. Not sure if you mean that their entire 2022 production of all models is sold, which would seem extreme, but feasible, given recent demand for this brand and low production.

It was only a waitlist without obligation, rather than actually needing to pay a deposit, which perhaps gives hope that I would see something in less than the 7-8 years, but there are not many people who will have put their name down and then decide to cancel when they get the call, given the secondary market valuations.
accountank2000 is offline   Reply With Quote