Old 7 July 2021, 11:23 PM   #711
accountank2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN, 79220R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendyBee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmeister5 View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone who got on the wait list for the CB with no purchase history prior to it being closed (so maybe like mid to late 2018) get allocated one yet?
Nope. Not very hopeful given the current madness.
I'm in the same situation, application accepted by Geneva boutique in late 2018; but at the time, they estimated a 4 yr wait. So that would be late 2022, assuming no other existing FPJ customers were added to the list in the meantime (as such customers would get priority to skip the line).

Then in early 2019 they announced that the list was closed / cancelled and also that production was being cut from 180 to 100 pieces a year to allow more capacity for other models. So if it was 4 years at old production rate, it would be 7-8 at the new rate. So, nobody like me (no previous purchase history, signing up in November 2018) should have an allocation yet. Check back in 2025-26-27...

Worth mentioning that due to low capacity and high demand, the waiting list really lengthened a lot over the course of 2018. If you had requested one in early 2018 you would have it by now. But checking my old emails, by mid-November 2018 when I finally had funds available to commit, they described it as a 'rare' watch with a approximately 4 years wait. And we know that wait has only gone up rather than down, due to production cuts. I try not to think about it too much, as it's quite feasible that I will never get to the front of the list before they discontinue it - it's already been in production 12 years.

There was no deposit required to go onto the list, only a 1-page application form, so if secondary market pricing had not gone crazy you would expect some customers would flake and not go through with the purchase by the time a few years pass and they get to the front of the line. But as secondary pricing is a multiple of the list price, I expect most people will take it when their name comes up.
accountank2000 is offline   Reply With Quote