View Single Post
Old 6 October 2021, 05:14 AM   #5
alpharulez
"TRF" Member

Watch: Assorted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD58 View Post
I don’t have a dress watch. Nor do I own a gold watch. And I have a relatives wedding coming up in December. I did have a few other dress watches in my head Cartier tank xl or reverso duo. I don’t dress up all that often and kinda figured the reverso wouldn’t get much use and for 9k I’d rather wait for my Rolex. And the Cartier I definitely some day will buy one to try it out.
So really I figured for the price it’s not a bad watch. The dial nice it has a date which I like. I do wish it was a small seconds like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. So not to put you off B&M.

You should also consider other ‘dress watches’ in that price range.

These range from Longines, Nomos, Montblanc etc.

Ideally ‘a classic dress watch for a man’ is a PM or plated watch with a plain classic dial and minimalistic markers, white or champagne colour, two under ideally (3-hand ok), no other complications per se.

Shape is your choice but since pocket watches were typically round the expectation carries over.

You names some nice brands and designs. But in my mind the top echelon would be the PP Calatrava, JLC Master ultra thin, VC Patrimony or the ALS similar.

Do cast a wider net before you lock onto B&M. Buying it is easy but getting rid of it isn’t!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alpharulez is offline   Reply With Quote