View Single Post
Old 27 May 2019, 08:08 PM   #123
rfbassi
"TRF" Member

Thanks very helpful. It appears that across Europe in EU countries – the prices are actually the same – if you equalize it by taking the various VATs out (vatcalculator Dot EU). If you use a VAT calculator that properly computes net VAT the prices are almost the same. The pricing variation across EU is a component of the VAT – the base price is relatively the same. The trick is to find the country that you get the largest percentage of the VAT back relative to the price. If you are entitled to 100% VAT refund anywhere – and do it without “fees” then your price is almost the same across EU – except UK – the pound diving again saves about $400 for the piece I was looking for.

I just score an 116613LN in Greece for the full 24% off. 12.700E less 2.458E, Net 10.241E or $11,465USD. Not great but OK and better than USA $13,400 plus $500Tx.

Thanks to the chart and after studying it – I walked into a Rolex AD in Athens, saw the one 116613LN they literally just received, and I was confident that the price was good and that the VAT situation (for me) was equalized everywhere (meaning I would do the work and get the full amount back anywhere so the NET was about the same) – so without hesitation I said I’ll take it. Thanks again to APLINO.
rfbassi is offline   Reply With Quote