View Single Post
Old 23 January 2020, 03:50 AM   #2
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Congratulations on your special occasion!

All the watches you are considering are great watches and will serve you well if you care for them.

There are some thoughts to consider. Make sure it is a watch you really like; not because you feel like you need a watch for your wedding. It’s an expensive purchase and watches are not an investment. I know it seems this way from reading this forum but rolexes are an anomaly. However, I would splurge a little if it is something you feel strongly about. It will be something that is a part of you and you will look at it all the time.

Also, learn a little bit about the brands. You will find that not all brands are the same. Omegas, with their master co-axial movement, is quite a technical marvel. Tudor, because of their association with Rolex, is becoming a default backup to hard to get SS rolexes. Unfortunately I don’t know anything about breitling. Beyond those brands, there are numerous other ones. I would also consider Cartier, IWC, Oris and Grand Seiko as well.

Finally, have fun with it. Go try as many watches as you can. Talk to as many people as you can. Take wrist shots so you can see how they look on your wrist. Watches are engineering marvels and it may lead you to a lifelong passion.

Good luck!
Phooi is offline   Reply With Quote