View Single Post
Old 15 March 2023, 12:05 PM   #41
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Collar Boy View Post
I’m curious about the Apple Watch, but not so curious I’d buy one. I imagine it would be awesome for things like going out and leaving your phone at home, so you’re not looking at your phone but are still contactable. I’d hate not wearing a mechanical watch instead though.
Tried the Apple Watch Ultra and returned it. Upside, yes you can leave your phone at home, but the more you engage it with wifi/cell even the bigger battery lasts a day and then needs a charge. That said,I use my watch to time thing for work and need to be able to glance at the screen without calling attention. This is not possible with the Apple watch flat screen and that it dims a bit when not being viewed, thought it claims its "always on." With the chrono part, the start/stop was finicky. When I used the "bezel" face, the same thing, I had to press the button multiple times to start/stop. I use for my job, so dont have time for that. Then on the second day, it needed an update which took some time, I had to not wear it. Then it became yest another thing I need to charge along with my phone, keyboard, mouse, etc...So now I have to think about it (im not like others here, I pick one watch for the day and that means my sub does what ever, dinner, lawn, basketball, tennis, mountain biking etc...).

I dislike all the exposure to radiation, infrared, etc..... I turned off the heart rate, wifi/cell (except when needed) exercise monitor stuff (dont need a watch to tell me i did not push in the gym). But then it would turn on again when I did other things with the watch. Just became a major time suck and another phone to think about.

Have to say, it made me appreciate the simplicity of my sub. Time, date, and ability to track elapsed time, and never think about it, never needs a charge.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote