View Single Post
Old 1 February 2020, 07:30 AM   #2
Dave455
"TRF" Member

I don’t have any experience with the MB, but I do have a Visconti rollerball that I generally put a fineliner refill in. The Visconti uses standard ‘euro profile’ refills so you can switch around as much as you like. I use the Schmidt 6040, but Schneider offer them too. Think the Schmidt is nicer.

In all honesty, the fineliner is probably a better option than the rollerball for most people. They’re light to write with, the ink density is good, and there’s no risk of smudging. In addition, I fly for a living, and rollerballs don’t work very well in aircraft. No problems with the fineliner.

If there’s a downside, it’s that if the cap doesn’t seal well and they can dry out. If I’m not going to use mine for a bit, I take out the refill and cap it with the cap that came with the refill. I have a low price Ohto ‘Dude’ that I also use with a fineliner, and that seals up tight. I’ve had the same refill in there for about 2 years with no issues!

I don’t know if the MB uses a standard refill or something unique. I suspect the refills are made by one of the firms above, but my experience of MB is that they are likely to be decent, if costly. The MB colours are nice though!
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote