View Single Post
Old 2 February 2020, 10:31 AM   #4
Dave455
"TRF" Member

Here are my three favourite ‘non fountain’ pens.

The Visconti (Rembrandt) are a little more fancy than the MB, but are made of a very nice material, and turned not moulded. Colour looks a little brown in this pic, but it’s quite a vibrant orange. I keep a fine line refill in this.

The Pelikans are very nice. Perhaps an alternative to the MB. The refill feeds from the back, and is sprung. Nice to write with. I leave this as a roller.

The Pilot Custom 74 is probably the ‘wild card’ here, but a lovely pen, and reasonably priced. Another alternative to the MB? The regular refill is a gel (Pilot speciality) and hard to beat, so I leave it. I find these gel pens are much better as capped pens than retractable, as they don’t dry out. Consider the ‘Metropolitan’ as a low priced alternative!

If you fancy the MB you probably won’t be making a mistake. Very iconic, and a lovely feel. I have a couple of their fountain pens. Pelikan have had the edge in quality until recently (especially the M800 - way ahead of the 149) but I’m not sure there’s much in it at present!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 61CEE450-B632-4131-BD2F-B6FBD97A51F7.jpeg (54.7 KB, 141 views)
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote