View Single Post
Old 23 December 2019, 12:55 AM   #57
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
My point was rather direct. Having an opinion on if someone uses a plastic cover or scotch tape for that matter is awesome and this is a great place to discuss it. I’m not a fan of even leaving my stickers on before I leave my AD, but to each his/her own. Whatever floats your boat.

That being said, any human being that blatantly judges another human being’s financial situation and/or his/her financial decisions by saying a person is “financially over their head” based solely on if they choose to cover a Rolex, AP, Timex, or Cracker Jack watch is a judgemental prick and life is way too short to have that attitude towards another human being over something so inconsequential. Especially, when this judgemental prick knows nothing about the other human being’s situation (past and/or present) other than a transparent piece of material that has zero bearing on anything. That was my very direct point.....for the 3rd time.

Hope that helps and have a great weekend!
I think it is clear by the name calling, you are not interested in discussing the product or topic, and I think technically you are judging me ...in post about judgement.

I think the broader topic is the discussion of whether a Rolex can be/should be an investment. The protective film, advertised as "Protect your Investment" is part and parcel to the debate/discussion of whether one can invest in watches and what appreciation or depreciation one might expect.

The other ironic part about your judgmental comment is that it seems you have not clicked the website link.

The website states "Wear-and-tear is one of the biggest causes for depreciation of your investment. Styx Watch Protection safeguards the value of your prized possession for years to come. "

I am reacting to the financial aspect of the "Is Rolex an Investment" discussion and to the will this product/film "Protect my Investment".

I think your point is, it is none of my business how people enjoy their watches, and one can not/should not infer a person's financial situation based on their decisions...to each their own.

The problem is that you are trying to take the financial aspect out of a product that has self-identified Rolex/watches as an investment, and claimed to protect value retention based on the usage of the film.

Anyone who has been around the hobby knows that the economic status of the markets have a far greater impact on the price/value of watches. You can have box and papers, new-old stock, original coffin, hanging tag, AD's diet coke, but if everyone is broke, a clear film on your watch is not protecting you...at all.

This is how people end up at: enjoy your watches, and forget about value, as it is out of your control. Now if you want people to sit back and give bad advice, and watch fellow enthusiasts take a bath on 'can't lose' Rolex 'investments' with a facade of 'investment protection', then I guess...to each their own.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote