View Single Post
Old 16 October 2019, 10:05 AM   #112
Cryten
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
This is what makes Panerai more fun now than ever, and makes Rolex collecting a bit frustrating at the moment.
I collect various brands and have always liked both Rolex and Panerai. Panerai is more fun now in many ways because I can pretty much buy whatever I want, and the hobby isn’t flooded with “investors” and “speculators” like it used to be. Most of those people have now moved to Rolex for now. To each their own, but I like collecting, not investing, in watches. It’s fun to talk about Panerai again because every owner likes their watch for what it is, not what it’s worth! Rolex is now filled with people buying “Hulk” and “Pepsi” only because they think it’s a good investment or want to brag on instagram
This hobby is filled with sheep who like to follow the herd. I did not like the new releases from Panerai, but it had nothing to do with collectibility. I certainly don’t like every Rolex either, and that’s okay.
To me, Panerai represents a unique style that is timeless! Now is a good time to buy
Good post.

I find when Panerai comes up it piques the interest of true watch guys because its not an "it" brand (anymore). Panerai owners usually bought the watch because they liked it, not for likes on instasham or some ridiculous attempt at investing. It's like Seiko in many ways. The posers aren't interested, and that's a real draw for those who have a passion for the watch.

I'm not buying new Panerai either. Richemont has done their best to destroy the brand, but because of that some of the best of Panerai can be had for quite reasonable prices right now. Now is definitely a good time to buy.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote