View Single Post
Old 17 October 2019, 04:46 AM   #117
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyb69 View Post
I agree with this. We don't need more Submersibles. I'd love to see some nice clean 44-47mm Luminor/1950 models. Personally, I'd buy a 44mm PAM 372. That would be an amazing watch. And the whole snap on caseback, lack of sandwich dial, and spring bars on base models doesnt make sense to me either.
That's where I am at. I've been of the opinion (and voiced it here) for some time that Panerai needs to tune up the regular production offerings significantly. We don't need "bargain" models that cut corners.

What I'd like to see is a solid lineup of 44mm Luminor models with distinct sandwich dials, minimal complications, screw on casebacks (display or not), screw in lugs, and in house reliable 3 day movements. The dials don't require unnecessary text. Basically the PAM 911 but in a black dial. This is the "modern" line. This is where you add a ceramic or DLC case, a white dial, whatever.

The Luminor 1950 and Radiomir 1940 models should range from 44/45-47mm, have more of a vintage look, gold hands, domed crystals. This is your historic line. The cases should run on the larger size. Cut out the vast majority of the chronograph and GMT complications. Leave 1 or 2 like the PAM 233.

The Radiomir line should be simple and elegant and run from 42-47. Complications should be minimal. Get the logo and 8 days off the dial. Offer California and SLC dials here like they already have.

If the brand were to follow this simple, return to grassroots plan I think they'd do really well. Right now the brand has lost its identity aside from a few select models.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote