Thread: Tudor for me
View Single Post
Old 16 February 2019, 06:16 AM   #123
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by DramaTurtle View Post
For me, Tudor now makes the premier dive watch.
Well maybe the Pelagos is a candidate but most of their Jewelry dive watches don't even have a diver's extension which makes them poor dive watches, imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
For me, Tudor are just too close to Rolex. Close, but no cigar. I'm happy to wear Seiko, however.

I really don't understand people who can't cope with any sort of criticism of their watch choices. Who cares what the next guy thinks? Life really is too short to get upset about nonsense like this.
There is little to no overlap between Rolex and Tudor other than them both being watches. Quality nor design are really similar, afaik. It may have one time been that Tudor offered a watch that was the same but different. Not true any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudestew View Post
Tudor seems to be running away with it lately , honestly the pelagos has to be the most significant dive watch since 2012 and even more with the in house movement .
Pelagos is a nice watch but for me it doesn't really get my juices flowing. Maybe it's the Titanium. Something seems off in dial design. Perhaps it's the OCD in me that wants to focus on the cut out areas and the way the lumes are placed in them.

It seems to me that Tudor needs to be evaluated on its own merits. If one wants a dive watch not made for diving but with a great vintage vibe then much of the Tudor line is great. For me, I'll stick with Rolex. Call me uncooperative.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote