View Single Post
Old 14 February 2018, 05:41 AM   #37
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
😂

I do agree with Wes though. This isn't just a matter of hot watches, there is a level of manipulation involved.
Part of the problem is actually "us"....we are so over excited about investment and future value, and resale value..."us" are out there flipping watches looking to sell for more than paid. So then the sellers adjust pricing as well, since you want to trade, sell or flip for high money.

We as enthusiast are full of a high percentage of flippers and people buying safe queens instead of actually buying to enjoy.
The problem is created by our state of affairs in this day, less production volume by the brand, rampant flippers, resellers, investors, and the guy who just wants the latest and greatest just to sell two months later, and the grey dealers who take advantage of the atmospheric conditions created by these events.

Best thing is be patient, if it's a new watch be more diligent in making calls, if it's out of production you are sol, pay to play or walk.

I've decided I want a SD4k, but if when I want to buy it they want to charge speculation tax and say something like $14k for a used watch, bye felicia, I'll just pick another watch, BLNR looks nice.
Agree completely.

We are the problem. Well not I, I'm cheap as ****.