View Single Post
Old 15 February 2018, 07:12 AM   #50
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs146 View Post
Very well said, I couldn't agree more.

I had a rant a few days ago in another thread when someone was shaming a guy for admitting to flipping a few hot watches.

Personally I have absolutely no problem with someone legally taking advantage of a market opportunity and turning a profit. I do it every single day as a business owner. It's my job. It's what keeps a roof over my families head and food on their plates.

I may not like the fact that I'm struggling to get a 5711 blue for MSRP. But when I see them listed for 40K I feel no anger or hostility towards the seller.

I would very very much love to own a Picasso. I have a fine appreciation for art and I've always been drawn to Picasso's work. Yet I will never own one for obvious reasons. His work has become the quintessential Patek 5711 or Rolex Daytona. It's unobtainable because the wealthiest of the wealthy collect/trade/tax evade (lol) his artwork. OH WELL!!!!!

I know it's not the most relevant example, but to some degree the parallel is close enough. I don't think most people rant on a daily basis about not being able to own a Picasso!

Actually you could own a Picasso! Picasso did an incredible amount of work in his long career. Depending on your budget it would probably just be some scribbles on a small piece of paper though