View Single Post
Old 14 December 2017, 03:38 PM   #14
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takonwong View Post
I bought it on eBay but I am sure the watch is good. The seller isn’t a very savvy seller but that’s good from my perspective. The pictures weren’t clear and when I picked the watch up there were more marks than I like on a bracelet. I went with watchfinder as tyler1980 said they’ve got AP’s approval. I contacted O&R in Leeds too but it’s a case of send it to AP and 8 -12 weeks turnaround for a polish, £450.
To start off with watch finder said they needed to send it to AP but I said I just wanted the bracelet polishing, they came back with £90 which I’m fine with. Can anyone tell me if they have any experience with wf? I have bought watches from them before and the service has always been excellent but not had a polish done.
not that i know of. They have an affiliation with AP but its unclear. AP's website says they are an authorized service center. Its one of only 2 such locations in the UK apart from APSC themselves. Personally I wouldn't do it until there is more data on how well they actually do and what services they provide for AP watches as a bad polish job would not be good. However someone has to be the first. Im sure if they mess it up you can complain to AP as AP themselves said they are qualified to carry out such an action on your watch and make them rectify the situation.

If you really want AP to do it, call APSC yourself and dont go through an AD. I was in Harrods last week and some guy wanted a standard replacement strap for his new safari. Harrods said 8 to 12 weeks for a stock strap which seems ridiculous. Im sure if he just called APSC himself they may have actually had it in stock but worst case it doesn't take 3 months to ship one from switzerland. Call APSC yourself to double check time frame as AD's sometimes say its way longer than it should be. Plus AP's website says a polish is 300CHF. You should only have to pay for the polish and not for a WR service in addition if its only the bracelet, as they are not taking the case apart.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote