View Single Post
Old 23 October 2021, 06:44 AM   #7
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060 Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by shammad10 View Post
Hello all, I am new to the forum, been lurking for s few months before I joined!

I only got into watches around 2019 and have found it to be such a fascinating hobby.
I have been trying to build a ‘relationship’ with a dealer in the UK (Goldsmiths) and have been popping down to the store to chat to the sales assistants every few weeks, and we’ve been getting on really well.
I have my name down for an Explorer II.

Today the sales assistant took me aside and said:
‘I want to be as honest with you as possible. I am not allowed to sell a professional model to you. You have to buy around £10k worth of jewellery/watches from us to be offered a professional model’

What I don’t really understand is that they don’t want people to flip watches- but they are trying to get me to buy a DJ 28/31 which I have no use for and would sell. It makes no sense to spend £10k to buy a watch that retails at £6.8k! It would be cheaper for me to go gray!
How did you first timers get your foot in the door?
Easy, bought myself a watch I wanted, my DJ41. Then my wife decided that she wanted a nice watch so I bought a DJ31 for her. When I asked for the new Submariner I was lucky enough to get one within 3 weeks of the launch.

I still have every watch I have bought, not just Rolex.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote