View Single Post
Old 8 January 2019, 03:31 AM   #75
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Many congratulations.

The piece didn’t suit me when I got to try it on but that doesn’t stop me loving it.

Thanks! Your 5370p is a beautiful watch, you did well there! I loved it when I tried it on, but it was a little too big for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
My comments are I think the five large dark Arabic numerals at the top throw the whole dial off balance. I would have preferred the chronograph hands to have had a different color from the time hands as it is typical on Patek Chronographs. I think white gold accents might have worked better than the flat dark hands and numerals and sticks to brighten the whole look up. I have not seen the watch but in the photos it look flat and dull to me. White gold hands and accents could have lightened up the whole look.

I think the numerals on top add balance to the dial since there is a lot on the bottom of the dial. I had the G-019 and the R-001, and while both are nice, I felt they were a bit sparse on the top. The numerals addressed that.

As for the color of the hands and hour makers, this is a watch that needs to be seen to be appreciated. Pictures look very different than the actual watch. Cheers.