View Single Post
Old 10 November 2008, 08:26 PM   #108
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
Hi Christopher

To me, 40,000 isn't exclusive. Ennebi produce 200 - 300 per year. I would say that is exclusive. Bonati states he want to be as good as Rolex, so you can bet your fillings if he could sell a million a year he would.

Just to be clear: I'm not knocking Panerai at all. I had one but shifted it & got another Rolex. It wasn't for me for a couple of reasons that Paneristi's openly acknowledge. But I like to keep this invented Panerai vs Rolex battle into context.

There seems to be an antagonistic thought process on a Panerai site that loves to knock Rolex, mostly based on the sales figures. But when these people are reminded that Rolex is the Mother & Father of Panerai, strangely nobody replies...

Even the little lever that keeps the crown in place is questionable by watch officianado's. Ennebi uses that same process but without the lever...

The main bugbear that comes across with Panerai fans is that Rolex aren't exclusive & they seem to be seeking a little exclusivity.

In every watch range, some models are more exclusive than others and Rolex are experts at creating this situation.
Panerai don't make many of these. IMO one of the engineering feats of 2008 and well worth looking at through a glass caseback.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tourbillon P2005.jpg (47.5 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg tourbillonbacka P2005.jpg (63.3 KB, 272 views)

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote