View Single Post
Old 5 January 2023, 02:32 AM   #148
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
Thanks for your comments. Replying in the order proposed.

*Someone else could (you?) create a more ambiguous or adventurous poll covering answers for fence sitters or those who couldn’t care less. This thread isn’t directed at those members. Hence, no poll answer for those people.

*I’m unsure if you’re implying that I’m worked up? If so, your assessment is ill placed. My interest was exactly what the thread has gleaned thus far. The nicknames are proving extremely divisive until now. Let us see how it continues to unfold.

*The nickname embracing or not by Rolex isn’t the point of the thread. Rolex’s opinion wasn’t sought. Instead, the thread is directed at possibly the world’s most avid Rolex fans (TRF members), only. Again, those are the people (us) who have interacted with both thread and poll.

*I'm not starting a poll about this lol. The only reason why I mentioned my general indifference is because there are some nicknames I like and some I think are ridiculous. So to make this black and white, lumps you into one or the other and like many things in life it doesn't always work like that. That's why there is a comment section, for people like me that have an opinion but don't fully subscribe to one group or the other. Especially since you asked what people think "deep down", it seems weird that you wouldn't want to welcome opinions outside of YES or NO.

*I 100% was not implying that you're worked up. But there are definitely people in the 5 pages of responses that are. I think it's absurd to get upset over nicknames. I'd think you'd agree since you started a poll about it.

*My point of mentioning Rolex adopting the nicknames wasn't intended to replace votes of actual enthusiasts. It was just a little tid bit of info, mostly to counter those that feel anyone that acknowledges nicknames is childish. It's significant because the brand that brought us all here and the that the forum is named after, acknowledges such nicknames. So while it doesn't replace votes I do think it's a relevant contribution to the general discussion.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote