View Single Post
Old 3 August 2022, 07:44 AM   #1
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
Hello from Europe :)

Hello,

I've been reading TRF for a while, but I just decided to register, and what I forgot was to introduce myself. That's why I'm doing this now :)

So, I started admiring Rolex a long time ago, but I wasn't lucky enough to have a chance to even get close to it due to the iron curtain. Luckily this situation changed a long time ago, but unfortunately we still have only a very few AD in Hungary, and there is only one Rolex AD with a very loooooooooooooooooooong waiting list.

Because of the above reason, I mostly end up buying used Rolexes, ans slowly I realized that maybe this is the only brand in the world where it doesn't matter. A long time ago I started with a 1600 TT watch with a black dial, but I was never satisfied with the date setting. So I replaced this watch with a 16233 TT^2 (YG/SS jubilee bracelet, NRBL transitional dial, diamonds), which at the time was the most beautiful dial ever made for me. However, times change, so after a while I felt that this watch does not express who I am, but wants to present itself. Plus, I still don't liked to set the date when I wasn't wearing my precious for a few days.

So I decided to switch to quartz, and therefore now I have the twins, one 17000B with a white and another with a black dial for different wear. I also like these because of the all SS oyster strap, and because these are not at all striking, as these are not well-known, so I don't have to worry that some low educated person will identify them as well known Rolexes. Therefore I'm not so angry for Tissot for design copy+paste, as I treat this as a surplus in the safety aspect.

Regardless, I've been waiting for the call from AD for years to see if my Daytona (with white dial) has finally arrived, but as I was not even able to see the Air King there, so I'm not very optimistic.

And why did I register? To be honest, it's because I was looking for your dress watch reviews and opinions and I wasn't able to start a search without registration
INC is offline   Reply With Quote