View Single Post
Old 12 March 2020, 03:05 AM   #1539
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavir...190303174.html

I very much realize I am likely one of the only hold outs here. But I still think this is being over blown.

Based on the way this spreads, likely 5x (ore more) people actually have it than has been reported.

And they don't even know it.
I think it's always possible that we have predominately the less aggressive Strain S here, so let's hope Strain L doesn't become too prevalent. What i do find puzzling is the number of exchange students that would've traveled and came back to the US for 2nd semester University classes that would have been back since end of January in school, which was well after the global outbreak. You would think that even if the students don't exhibit severe illnesses by now that we would at minimum be getting reports of older faculty and staff at Universities getting very sick by now or contracting. Then the interstate air travel as well and incoming international flights, even if only connections would've been very common in NYC, Atlanta, Chicago, and LA with all being hubs. Perhaps it is only Strain S that is prevalent so far.