View Single Post
Old 31 March 2020, 12:03 PM   #4526
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
Regarding the age distribution of victims who die from Covid-19, I rarely, if ever, took any solace when telling a family in the ER that their older loved one had died in comparison to their younger loved one. I learned that love was love. Loss was loss. From a public health standpoint, age at death distributions and percentages can produce economic and productivity statistics. But from an individual standpoint, deep loss is immeasurable regardless of age or prior health.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
Love really is the most wonderful human quality. And we seem to see the greatest displays of it during hard times.
Two of the most insightful and undeniable true posts shared in this thread. Could not agree more with these.

I've spent a lot of time (as a visitor) in hospitals the past few year due to very close/immediate family members with ailing health issues. Some of the worst moments of my life have been spent there waiting, thinking, listening. At the same time, it's also been a place where I've seen such an enormous amount of love and support from extended family and friends and church community. Some of these awful experiences of dealing with uncertainty and loss have really helped reveal my real friends and support system. They respect the space you need in rough times (we all deal with stress and grief differently) but make sure you know they are there in your corner ready to anything for you. Apologies for the tangential rambling!