View Single Post
Old 2 April 2020, 04:48 AM   #4772
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
thats too smart for me.

All I am saying is the "experts" and the powers that be should be promoting what people can do to better themselves. Not all the doom and gloom. Yes, challenges abound. Of course. But clearly our population will benefit from a healthier fitter lifestyle.

stop eating so damned much. have fruit instead of a candy bar. there are bananas and apples and oranges in every bodega I have ever been in to. and I work in all the worst areas as I work in industrial parks across the country.

I am not perfect either. and I have been drinking at nights during all this crap. but I am getting sleep, I am exercising, and I am watching what I eat.

personal accountability goes a long way in life.
Seth I can sum it up as, we are collecting data right now, to be continued.

I agree that people need to be accountable for their actions and lifestyle. This crisis will force everyone's hands unfortunately. But now is better than never to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Everyone can exercise on the cheap with just the weight of the human body.

Diet is tougher, as a lot of the poorest among us live in food deserts where there may be 5 fast food options, but limited or no grocery stores. Dense urban areas are an exception. Dietary habits die hard. Not making excuses, but how is it possible to get a fully formed cheeseburger than a bundle of carrots? The ridiculous food subsidies in this country and the poor diets that engenders (and subsequent health problems) boggles the mind. Let alone the fact that many walk no further than from their car to their office and back in a given day.