View Single Post
Old 2 April 2020, 05:22 AM   #4779
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
this virus appears to be attacking those very same people that should have been getting healthier based on their diabetes rather than taking pills to mask it.
Seth, I generally agree with your comments and observations. However, I have to take issue with this generalized comment and disagree with you here.

Although I will admit to a certain prejudice myself to people who are grossly overweight, suffer health consequences from it, and do nothing to correct the situation. That's not right for me to do, but I do, and I admit it.

However, diabetes is a different story. It is a disease, not a lifestyle, and although there is a strong correlation between obesity and high blood sugar, the simple fact is that the disease often causes the obesity, not vice-versa.

I speak as one who suffers from this disease. Anyone that has seen me in person would say that I am the proper height for my weight. My BMI at 23 is within the "normal" range. Anyone that knows me personally knows that I go to extreme lengths to limit my diet, exercise regularly and it is only the "pills" that I take daily, for the rest of my life, that keeps the disease manageable, so far.

So let's all be careful not to paint with too broad of a brush stroke.

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...