View Single Post
Old 4 April 2020, 11:39 PM   #5102
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Maybe. But to say with certainly is simply wishful thinking.

No matter how you slice this, things will be very different going forward.

You guys can all name the various things we’ve gotten through before. But those same people have mentioned in this thread that this is unprecedented.

Yes, I too am confident that we will eventually overcome. Things will normalize and our species will continue. But the new normal will be very different.

How that is defined remains to be seen.

Im not being negative. I’m being pragmatic.

We currently have no end in sight. That’s a fact. So we can’t state that things will get back to normal. Until an actual end is defined, it is just impossible to say what will be.

Edit to add I agree we need to stay the course. I’m not disputing that. But in this ever evolving situation we also need to be dynamic and open minded. A new way will emerge and we need to be ready to make the best future we can.
I agree that life may be different after this pandemic. But it’s not a guarantee that the changes will be negative. The Great Plague of the 14th century brought down the feudal system in Europe. The French Revolution resulted in more individual freedoms, women’s rights and political justice.

No one who knows me would call me Suzy Sunshine, but I think there is a possibility that this pandemic could result in positive changes in societies in addition to the obvious negatives we see now.