View Single Post
Old 5 April 2020, 10:18 AM   #5205
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I get that the issue in NY State is going to be problematic to manage resources logistically.

A mini-outbreak in the Catskills where one confiscated the only two ventilators in Margaretville could prove disastrous.

But at the same time, forecasts falling short of the peak need at Javitz Center in Manhattan requires action.

And despite the efforts of others in China and the strategic stockpile, it doesn’t close the gap.

This is the stuff that can make a plan foolproof only if you overstock by 20% at each and every site for which you have a forecasted need.

It is the type of inventory planning FEMA tends to do when prepping for a hurricane despite not knowing exactly where landfall will cause the greatest needs. By prepositioning more supply than is necessary, they have a better chance to meet the need.

Only in this case, the chase for those resources is Nationwide and State is vying against State for the scarce resources. From what I’ve read, California has been winning those battles regularly. They just outspend the competing States.

Not the egalitarian society some desire, but seems to be shaping up as a buying power utilitarian exercise in a sellers market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?