View Single Post
Old 28 August 2014, 06:08 AM   #4
OmegaJJH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
Thank you both Leo & Shaun for such wonderful responses which leaves me with much to ponder.

My plan has always been to go to 'The Pen Shop' (that's actually what it's called in the UK) to test drive the various different models to see which is preferred and which one feels 'right'.

I really don't think a fountain pen is for me. As beautiful as some of them are I want a pen that I can use every day and for every occasion. Most of my work is done on carbon paper so that kind of counts one out. I think a fountain pen is definitely a better buy for all of the reasons that you've both listed but doesn't really fit my current job role.

I take on board your very valid point about handing a ballpoint/rollerball pen as a future gift isn't as special as a fountain pen and you are most certainly correct but in all honesty this pen is being bought for me to actually use. I tell people that I would like to give my Rolex to my child one day but I'm still going to wear it every single day between now and then.

So, assuming that I'm not going for a FP do you believe that the MB Meisterstück Is a well rounded choice?

Many thanks.

James.
OmegaJJH is offline   Reply With Quote