View Single Post
Old 26 December 2022, 06:22 PM   #85
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Like you, my interactions with my "home" boutique have been consistently excellent, and it indeed seems to depend to a large degree on the relation with the SA or other AP contact.

I must confess that anytime there is a delay in an email or text response (which often come far outside of normal working hours), I start to worry about losing that particular relationship and being left out in the cold like others here.

It would be easy for AP to implement an SA-independent client ranking based on time- and model-weighted actual spend and predictions. Trouble is that people like me would be toast in such a system, compared to actual big spenders, as long as demand at MSRP outstrips supply. So I'm left hoping our contact sticks around, and AP doesn't do anything rash.

I agree 100% here. My BT has been wonderful to me and I can't complain. In all fairness, a client ranking system independent of SA relationship would be best for a luxury brand like this. Like you, this would put me in a category where I wouldn't be able to get allocations I want though. Like @7sins stated, having that strong SA relationship seems to make all the difference.

I totally understand the frustrations many have expressed here as I have gone through it with another brand myself. I have been trying to break into the Patek world for several years and have experienced those same frustrations. After trying many AD's, I finally ended up with an AD through an intro from a friend who is willing to work with me. Hopefully this downturn will bring things back to some normalcy where us collectors can go back to collecting.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote