View Single Post
Old 19 December 2019, 02:48 AM   #225
Wood&Leather
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rori View Post
Second time in I turned a Rolex down was in 2018 when I picked A Tudor GMT instead of a BLRO. As you can see, it's the design and proportions of the watch that talk to me rather than the Prestige of the Brand.
I didn't think you were frauding until you mentioned proportions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan417 View Post
I’m a big fan of Tudor. I have a feeling they are going to be the next “Rolex” meanwhile , Rolex will be the next Patek..
Tudor will be Tudor. Fortunate, blatant pricks on the internet like to call them "a poor man's rolex". Less blatant fortunate snobs leave backhanded "compliments" of the brand. They're an entry level/younger rolex and there's nothing wrong with that. That younger part affords them substantially more possibilities as to what they can release (ie Bronze). It's like someone in an AMG E-Class scoffing at a CLA just because it's entry level and doesn't come with ALLLLL the finer fit and finish trimmings. Still a benz though.

On that note, Rolex will be Rolex. They'll never be Patek. Durable, attention grabbing sports watches they are. Subtle, complicated, stealth wealth (sans nautilus) dress watches they are not.
Wood&Leather is offline   Reply With Quote