View Single Post
Old 3 December 2019, 05:04 PM   #11
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
23 years ago I was 25 and I wanted to buy my first really nice car. The people that I knew who drove nice cars seemed to be saying that Porsche didn’t lose money, this must have been all the reassurance that I needed because in the next moment I was in the dealership ordering a brand new car.

3 years later I sold the car and I can tell you that at that point I realised that people who tell themselves, and others, that their dream luxury purchases don’t lose money are either delusional or don’t consider 35-40% to be a loss due to the enjoyment of ownership. I learnt very quickly that if you buy a new luxury item then 99% of the time it will be worth less when you sell it. It’s not always the case but it’s likely and if you can be comfortable with that then buy the watch and enjoy it but don’t be one of the people who keep the stickers on it to preserve its new appearance which implies that a forced sale may be just around the corner.

The 15500 is a beautiful watch, and grey is stunning. I’m guessing from your question that this will be your first step up from something like a Rolex. If you buy the AP then do so in the knowledge that it’s a great watch and if you sell it in just 2 years then the chances are that you’ll lose money, keep it 5 years or more and the chances of a loss seriously decrease the longer that you keep it as AP have periodic price increases which strengthen your resale value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote