View Single Post
Old 21 June 2009, 02:25 AM   #8
onkyo
Banned

A recent thread about Wingate on watchnet (I personally have never used them) --->

Shame on you Wingate Jun 06, 2009 - 04:01 PM Go to next message
Bought a watch. It wasn't close to described as New Old Stock. I went through a check list of the contents of the box and papers, and it was confirmed it was all there. None of it was there. It was filthy, polished, and not new as described. Thank God I got my money back less shipping as it was about 30k. I later bought the same watch for much less as used without papers, same seriel number. It was weird having the same one twice before I wore it. The repair was over 1500, but the second dealer told me in advance it needed work.

Others have told me bad stories. Be careful.

J

i agree

WINGATES cannot be trusted!!!
They sold me a watch as BNIB and it was broken, and had been opened and damaged. since i did not notice it for > 30 days they re3fused to help me and i was stuck with an 11K repair bill!!!

They are NOT REPUTABLE

you say the watch was"broken, and had been opened and damaged" and you didn't notice that for 30 days? Kind of hard to believe, along with a 11k repair bill.

it arrived and i wound it and it ran - i put it in my safe as it was a gift and then when i gave it to my son - it lost 1 hour a day.

the blue gear was broken and missing 2 teeth. i sent it to Nardin and they took photos and confirmed that the watch was not new but previously registered and out of warranty

there is no doubt that i have learned my lesson and more carefully check my purchases BUT i trusted Wingates as a reputable dealer

It is my fault too but they are dishonest

I too recently had a bad experience with Wingate. I purchased a BNIB watch which was not BNIB. Watch was not as described, missing tags, etc. Watch had definitely been worn. Wingate would not only not give me my money back, they would not even agree to give me a store credit for the watch. I would never do business with them again under any circumstances.

Pasnail

One of Wingate's tactic is if you wire them money, you get a discount and likely those are the ones who gets conned by them.

onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote